Nu-scene only offer products in aluminium, and this was considered from the offset, and we have listed some of the reasons behind this decision.
The main reason is longevity – aluminium windows and doors can last up to 30 years. This is because, aluminium is considerably more resistant to the outside elements compared to other materials, making them less likely to warp or rot as a result. Aluminium also has a high strength to weight ratio, meaning they can span larger spaces, and are harder to dent. When considering all this it’s no surprise that the majority of our customers actually demand aluminium as their preferred choice.
The Advantages of Aluminium; Bi-fold Doors & Sliders and windows
• Affordability – One benefit of aluminium windows and doors is that overall they can be significantly cheaper than other materials. For example, hardwood timber frames such as Oak can cost considerably more than aluminium and require attentive maintenance. Plastic frames such as PVCu can be slightly cheaper than aluminium. However, these frames are more likely to degrade over time, and thus can work out more costly in the long run.
• Durability & Strength – Aluminium windows and doors have can last up to 30 years, due to the inherent strength of the material. They can take a knock, are harder to dent and can produce larger dimensions (heights and widths) due to aluminium overall strength.
• Efficiency – Aluminium windows and doors can easily achieve improvements in heat gain and heat loss through windows and doors by as much as 60 per cent when combined with a thermal break, rivalling more expensive timber and uPVC equivalents. This is in part due to the introduction of polyamide technology, which has taken the energy performance of aluminium glazing to entirely new levels, providing key benefits to homeowners and business owners alike seeking to save on energy bills.
• Eco Friendly – Aluminium is also a fully sustainable product. It’s 100% recyclable and non-toxic, leaving a minimal ecological footprint. Recycling aluminium itself requires just five per cent of the initial energy consumed to create it.
• Easy maintenance – While also being durable, aluminium windows and doors have the added advantage of being very easy to maintain. A quick clean of the glass and frame every 2-4 months will help remove dirt and keep the windows and doors looking brand new. Bi-fold and sliders tracks just need to kept clean of debris.
• Minimalist designs – Aluminium provides clean flat line finish with more glass (rather than frame) due to requiring smaller profile widths to obtain the same strength, this also produces a modern minimalist aesthetic product.
• Unlimited range of colour / finishes – Aluminium windows and doors are generally powder coated, as not only does this provide a very hardwearing durable weatherproof finish but means they are also available in 100’s of RAL colour finishes. Special finishes are also available upon request.